Florida Home Study Services
Initial Home Study Consultation
We provide in-person home study consultations to individuals and families who reside in Florida and are ready to pursue adoption as a way to expand their family.
The initial 2-hour home study consultation is the first, required step for our home study services. Prior to scheduling your home study consultation, we require individual/families to complete the Home Study Application. You will have the opportunity to meet with a licensed clinical social worker to discuss your specific situation and needs, and basic information will be gathered in preparation for the the home study.
Upon appropriate completion of the consultation, your social worker will continue working with you to complete your home study.
*Fees for this service will be applied to the domestic home study total cost.
What to expect during the Home Study Consultation
- A review a discussion of prospective adoptive parent(s) home study application, individual/family's needs and adoption preferences.
- Education on the adoption process, adoption and birthparent myth/stereotypes, and raising an adopted child
- Education and review of required home study documentation
- Adoption handouts and Resources
- Access information for the online client portal for home study documentation and additional adoption resources
Home Study/Home Study Update
We complete domestic home study and home study updates for individuals and families pursuing a private adoption for an infant or child up to 5 years old.
Our licensed clinical social workers will guide you through the entire process, from obtaining and reviewing all required documentation to completing interviews and an in-home visit.
Upon approval, you will receive a copy of your home study report that is required for an adoptive placement of an infant or child. Your home study will satisfy all requirements necessary for a domestic adoptive placement. Expedited services are also available for time-sensitive situations.
Our goal is to make the Home Study Process easy for our clients by...
- Providing a document checklist and detailed instructions on completing all required documents
- Access to our client portal where all documents needed can be downloaded
- Providing families with a Home Inspection Checklist in order to prepare for the inspection portion of the home visit
- Upon completion of the home study report, we provide families with a document expiration list to easily track when forms need to be updated